I can't take words back

You touch me like no other ever
And my feelings flow

To say you undo me
Is an understatement

For a while now i've been undone by you
And this feeling is like a sweet dream

Surging through me is your force
Oh so hard I burn for you

To hold on to this feeling forever
Is the only thing I wish to do

A neverending flow of warmth
Runs through me as I feel your presence

I shiver as it touches my soul the centre
Of all I am almost faints when you pass through me

I wonder if you feel this as I do as in retrospect
It is the only thing I have ever prayed for

That you feel like I do




I just watched you collapse in that moment, watched realization wash over you, contrition and apologies etch themselves across your face and wander past your lips. I heard my own words escaping from the Pandora's box within me, trying desperately to express something that should never have been uttered. I came crashing back to reality, to the sharp cold cutting clarity of emotion, of pain, and of mercy.

Even then, it was still a far cry away, it came in waves, washing over me. It wasn't until I stood at the door, until I was nearly gone, that I felt desperate to reach out. It wasn't until then that all I could think was how much I wanted to hear you call me beautiful again, touch my skin again, whisper sacred words, and kiss me beyond reason and thought one more time.

I can't take words back, can't replace them with the true emotion, can't make myself understood any more than I already have. I just know that, I feel like I'm struggling up from beneath an ocean just trying to comprehend for myself why I said what I did, why I did what I did, why I felt how I felt. I just wish that I had kept it in that empty feeling box, that I hadn't seen how much so little could hurt, or how little I could feel in a moment that was incredibly intense and full.

Comments

Popular Posts