Little Prayer
The day was coming to the end,
As she crawled upon my lap.
Dirty face and sleepy eyes,
As she tightly hugged my neck.
Daddy don't you think it's time,
To take me to my bed.
As I lay her down to sleep,
She says Daddy don't forget.
Put your hands together,
And help me with my prayer.
Sitting together by her bed,
This is our prayer.
We pray dear
Lord, Our soul you'll keep,
As we go off to sleep.
May angels watch us,
Through the night,
And keep bad dreams away.
And wake us,
With the morning light,
So I can be with Dad.
Now all this is,
Is a little prayer,
That I have taught my kids.
As she crawled upon my lap.
Dirty face and sleepy eyes,
As she tightly hugged my neck.
Daddy don't you think it's time,
To take me to my bed.
As I lay her down to sleep,
She says Daddy don't forget.
Put your hands together,
And help me with my prayer.
Sitting together by her bed,
This is our prayer.
We pray dear
Lord, Our soul you'll keep,
As we go off to sleep.
May angels watch us,
Through the night,
And keep bad dreams away.
And wake us,
With the morning light,
So I can be with Dad.
Now all this is,
Is a little prayer,
That I have taught my kids.

Comments