The little subtle moments
I have rolls of film sitting in my desk that I have never used. I can only imagine the pictures I would take and send to you, photos of a place and people of whom you know little. Pictures of things that are far removed from you, but so close to me. Pictures of you, of your eyes and the little things that I see. Pictures of those perfect moments when I wish you could be with me. Pictures of times when I fade into the background and watch the passing of time, or watch the motion of humanity. I would send you such amazing pictures, because they would be of the little things that people don't take enough time to notice.
So many small things about you/me/we that I notice. The little subtle moments where everything seems to be in perfect harmony, and the whole world feels like it is in rhythm to our tune. I feel like your heartbeat, the slow rise and fall of your chest, the small dance of our fingers and palms moving together, are the sum of motion in the entire world, in the whole of the universe. I feel that I could just release my hold on all those tiny burdens I picked up along my road, that I could cling to you, drown in you instead of my fears, and still keep my head just above water.
I am a song that has not been played, a melody all my own, but if you want, I'll be the harmony to yours. Or maybe we could create a new song together.

Comments