So many thoughts right now

I've become fascinated by the image and thought I have in my head of volcanic glass. I wonder how many people have actually ever seen it. I've been to Hawai'i twice in my life. Both times I went to visit the volcanoes and the thing that I remember vividly is the sound of volcanic glass crunching under my feet as I walked over, around, and across the old lava flows. I recall all the jagged sharp edges that were smooth as silk and a beautiful black velvet color. I don't know why I've been thinking about it. 
It's just one of those things that is stuck in my mind right now because I've brought it to mind once and now it's rolling over and over in my brain trying to find a niche in which to rest itself again. You'd think that I wouldn't be stuck on this thought and i know I've kind of mentioned the rock in a couple of my previous entries, but as I said it is stuck there. It is lodged by those perfect sharp edges into the crevices of my thoughts and I have no idea why. I think it may be because I'm craving the sounds of the ocean. Or maybe it represents something beautiful created in a moment of volcanic heat that exhumed itself from the earth only to cool and settle into something of magnificent perfection despite its fragile nature. So many possibilities. I just know that i love the stuff and i wish I had some here right now. 

I do miss the waves though. I miss the ocean shore and the sound of sand, and the cries of the gulls. I miss the thought and sight of moonlight reflecting off the tops of the waves and glistening like a painting made of silver and porcelain. I like oil paintings. I've decided that. I just like the concept of it. I also like the texture that they present too. Oils have a whole different feel from watercolors or any other sort of paint. I like watercolors too though. I think they are spectacular and exceedingly expressive, but right now I'm in a phase where I prefer oils. I like the color of my love's skin. I like to sit back and just watch her face when she sleeps, or rest my palm on her stomach and feel the smooth soft skin there. So many thoughts right now... but I really ought to be focusing on other things. Oh well.

Comments

Popular Posts