Then this moment comes


Then this moment comes. It's crying inside my head, and the world just feels so much more alive. I think of kissing you one more time, of laying my head against your chest, and it hurts to think about. But it's so beautifully bittersweet that I can't help but give in to that emotion, let go of all my self defense, and smile at thought of you. You and only you. 

It's just a moment when my head is clear and all that's ringing inside is the knowledge that I'm not alone in the world. Maybe I'm not as horrible as I think I am. I don't know how to explain what it is, and I don't want to. 

I just want to revel in the thoughts of your smell, your lips, your taste, the way you feel lying beside me. I'm just kind of sliding out of the slip stream and back into myself again, where I can feel the world once more. You make it possible, with just the smallest things. I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts