turn your head to look at me and kiss me one more time
There are so many things that I will miss.
I walked outside and thought about the winter
and how the sky seemed so much clearer
and the stars took on new lustre in this season.
The world was still and silent, holding its breath for you
and frost glittered on the ground like a million stars
beneath the moonlight lamplight.
When I hold you in my arms, with your head on my chest
and feel your heartbeat against my stomach
and feel your arms enfolded around me
the world takes on new meaning.
I want to hold you there forever,
and replay that moment where you look up at me
with the most beautiful baby hazel eyes
so full of innocence, wonder, and expectation.
Right now the world is still and silent
the people pass me by without realizing how they touch me.
They'll never know the secret that I'm hiding.
They'll never see the way you look up at me,
that takes away my breath and reasoning.
So turn your head to look at me and kiss me one more time.

Comments