Where Do You Go When You're Lonely?



I wonder what you do when you feel like this. I wonder what you do when you feel this deep ache inside, the hollowness that comes after having to part. I can still feel your warmth. I can still hear your voice. I can still taste your mouth, your skin. I can still smell you in my hair and clothes. I feel like you've branded me with your body, claimed me with your words, bound me to you with your love. I feel so captured, yet gladly so. You ask and I yield to your request. I would give in to you until I had stretched myself out thin, verging on being unrecognizable. Except I know that you would not ask this of me. I have faith in your compassion, and have come to rely on your understanding.

Despite all the wondering, despite all the self-loathing, the self-doubt, the insanity, the idiocy, and all the other flaws, you still see me. You seem to look through the veil I've put around myself. You know how to hold me when I need you. You know how to say what I need to hear, even if its not what I want to hear.

You are beautiful. I miss you.

Comments

Popular Posts