Your Eyes

The way you look at me, with those soulful hazel eyes. The way you look at me sends shivers down my spine. It binds me more tightly to you with each moment that our eyes lock together, and every second spent staring into your eyes makes me feel like tiny strands of our souls are reaching between our stares. I feel as if you are seeing everything in me, simply by meeting my eyes with that deep and loving gaze. I feel like I can see and feel each emotion you are feeling when you meet my eyes in that way you have. The way you look at me breaks my heart with love, tears me apart with emotion, until all my boundaries fade away, my borders melt into nothing, and these walls crumble before your gaze. Under your eyes my whole being lies bared naked, stripped of pretense, so that there is only all that I am and all that I ever hope to be.

I could die in your arms, because when I leave them I feel so cold. I feel so lost and alone when I can't feel your arms around me, when I can't look up into your eyes, or reach up and trace the lines of your face with my fingertips. When I am with you I find that I feel so much more whole, and when you are gone, I feel so hollowed out, as if I have left myself behind with you. I'm so wrapped up in you, in you and I, in the way that we move together, melt together, step from side to side together, that I don't know where you really end and I begin.

Comments

Popular Posts