I'm a writer
I'm a writer, and a poet. A romantic heart, and although I get compliments on how I write, and for phrases that I jot down, I dont think Im very good. Otherwise I'd be an established poet/writer. As of right now, I cant form a single page in the novels I have planned, nor write something poetic so beautifully it grabs a woman's heart and never lets go. Im bitter and jaded now, and although my black moods get the better of me, I stumble with the words I want to write. So Im going to write down the things I wish I had come down with, because I couldnt have explained it better myself. I'll hold on to the one thing that's become appallingly obvious though, a phrase. "Love is and will ever be unrequited".
"I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. No...not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening. but love that...overthrows life. Unbiddable, ungovernable, like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture."
The worst stab wound is the one to the heart. Sure, most people survive it, but the heart is never quite the same; there's always a scar; which, I guess, is meant to remind you that, even for a little while, someone made your heart beat faster. And that's a scar you can live with, proudly, all the days of your life.


Comments